- Assess patient’s functional level in the home by evaluating the patient’s strength, range of motion, endurance, coordination, balance, pain, posture, and mobility.
- Assess the overall home environment.
- Recommend specific adaptive devices and suggest home modifications for home safety.
- Develop and carry out the home exercise plan and rehabilitation program to maximize total function.
- Assess the patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and fine motor functions.
- Identify need for adaptive equipment in the home and proper use.
- Assess and assist patient in obtaining maximum cognitive and perceptual function.
- Assist patient in obtaining maximum level of independent living and ensure safety in the home.
- Assess and treat speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Maximize patient’s communication and/or swallowing skills through specific treatment programs.